Monday 18 May 2015

STUDIO GHIBLI TAG~!

Yahalloooo~
Looks like my promise to blog more is working! ...so far ^v^"

I really like doing Tags on my blog and if you follow my blog (..I'll be surprised if anyone does) you'll know I've done a couple of Anime Tags in the past and a Questionnaire sort-of-thing about myself, too :3
I couldn't find any good tags about anime since I seem to have done the best ones, so I thought and thought and thought "What else could I possibly do a tag on..?" and then I thought.. "STUDIO GHIBLI!" and if any of you know me, you'll know how much I love and adore Studio Ghibli <3
So, without further ado (that was weirdly fancy of me...), I give you my Studio Ghibli Tag~!
Enjoy~ n.n

~ ~ ~

1. Which Studio Ghibli film was your first?
My first Studio Ghibli film was Spirited Away.


I can't remember exactly, but I think I was 15 years old. My English classroom at school had the movie poster for Spirited Away on the wall and I would look at it every lesson and say to my friends how much I wanted to see it :,) and one day I was going to my best friends house for a sleepover and she owned Spirited Away and asked if I wanted to watch it. I, of course, said yes and...
OHMYGOD!
I still remember the feeling I got when I was watching the film! This amazing yet totally indescribable feeling! I fell instantly in love with this film and when I went home the next day, I remember the first thing I did was order Spirited Away off of Amazon and then I watched the film every night for...roughly 2 months straight :,)
And my love for Studio Ghibli ultimately lead to my love of anime in general <3

2. Which Studio Ghibli film is your favourite?
My favourite Studio Ghibli film is From Up On Poppy Hill.


I always find this question very hard to answer since I love so many of the Studio Ghibli films, but there is just something extra special about From Up On Poppy Hill.
I think it's the location of the film, the characters, the story, the gradual developing youthful romance, just...all of what this film creates is tied into this one perfect package and it's literally one of the most amazing films I've ever seen!
I love it SO much! <3

3. Which Studio Ghibli film is your least favourite?
My least favourite Studio Ghibli film is Ocean Waves.


It's not that I hate this film or even hugely dislike it for that matter, it's just not one that particularly stood out to me.
I've seen it a couple of times to try and change my opinion and while I can watch and relatively enjoy it, I never think to myself..
 "Wow! This film is SO amazing!"
It's just...only OK. 
I mean, thinking about it now...I can only vaguely recall what the film is about. It's just...not my favourite which is basically what the question was :,)
So...yea. That's my answer! (long winded, I know..) x,D

4. Which film would you recommend to someone who has never seen a Studio Ghibli film before?
I would recommend starting with My Neighbour Totoro.


I mean, truthfully I would recommend any and all of my favourites, but I think My Neighbour Totoro would be such a sweet film to start with :3
It's just so charming and so much fun to watch <3 the story alone is so heartwarming and it always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside whenever I watch or think about it ;3; the music is incredible, as well! I just...wouldn't be able to recommend this enough :)
So, if you haven't seen any Studio Ghibli films before, please start with this one ^v^ 
I promise you won't regret it! n.n

5. Do you like all of the Studio Ghibli films or do you prefer Hayao Miyazaki's work?
Hmm...that's a good question! :,)
While I have so much respect for Hayao Miyazaki and consider him my inspiration in life, I think I'll have to say I love all Studio Ghibli films (because even Hayao Miyazaki is in that category). I can see why people would say only Hayao Miyazaki, but I wouldn't understand them saying that.
I mean, you'd be ignoring films like Whisper of the Heart, Grave of the Fireflies, Only Yesterday, Pom Poko etc. and all of those are masterpieces as well!
When I think about my top 5 favourite Studio Ghibli films, only 2 of those films are directed by Hayao Miyazaki, so it wouldn't make sense for me to say just Hayao Miyazaki.
I seriously love these films so much, directed by Hayao Miyazaki or not, they're all special and wonderful to watch! Each one has their own individual charm, which is why they are all so lovely <3
..though I wouldn't class Grave of the Fireflies as "lovely". While the art is beautiful, I think "lovely" should be substituted for words like "devastating, heartbreaking, disastrous" ...the list goes on :,)
But I digress! x,D
So, what I'm trying to say is that I like all of the Studio Ghibli films :3
Got there eventually.. ^v^"

6. Have you seen all of the Studio Ghibli films?
I sure have! ;D each and every one! Even The Tale of Princess Kaguya and When Marnie Was There; the two more recent releases ^v^
What can I say? I just love Studio Ghibli SO much! <3

7. Who is your favourite male Studio Ghibli character?
My favourite male Studio Ghibli character is Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke.


This took a lot of thinking and I mean a lot of thinking ><
While Ashitaka does kill people (but mostly because of his cursed arm) I consider him one of my favourite characters because he has true beliefs that, I feel, are honest and pure.
He doesn't necessarily choose between San and the people of Iron Town, either. He wants to help both sides reach a compromise, stop the war between them and cure them all of their anger.
While thinking that he alone can do this is a little vain, I still think his thoughts and actions are genuine. He helps both sides and cares for both sides which I think is his true quality which proves that he really is just trying to help cure the forest and the people.
He's also strong-willed and has a lot of courage which makes his character even more likeable! :)

8. Who is your favourite female Studio Ghibli character?
My favourite female Studio Ghibli character is Nausicaä from Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.


Wow! Where to begin with Nausicaä? 
First of all, I've always loved how Hayao Miyazaki portrays women in his films. He feels that women are strong and independent; that they don't need a man to rely on and Nausicaä is, I feel, a perfect example of his beliefs.
While she does meet Asbel later in the film, she doesn't turn into a "damsel-in-distress" type of character, she remains strong and independent all the same.
Nausicaä is brave, clever, resourceful and even though she is a skilled swordswoman, she is also peace-loving. She is also determined to help the land and the people of the valley where she lives who she cares about very much. Nausicaä also has the ability to communicate with creatures and the giant insects that roam the Toxic Jungle which is why she is the only one who can really help them return to their peaceful ways of living.
I just love Nausicaä! Love, love, love her! <3 she's truly amazing! :3
. . .
Also...can we just take a moment to appreciate how CUTE Teto looks in that gif?! Seriously, look at his FACE! Look at his closed EYES! LOOK, LOOK, LOOOOOK! <3 I'm love, omG! <3 

9. Do you own any of the Studio Ghibli films on DVD?
I definitely do! Every single one, in fact! ;3
Even pre-Ghibli films like The Little Norse Prince, Panda! Go, Panda! and The Castle of Cagliostro! ..I would add Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind in there too because it was made before Studio Ghibli was founded, but because of how well it did, it's considered part of the main collection...so yea! :3
.   .   .
I LOVE STUDIO GHIBLI!!!! <3 <3 <3
..sorry :,) I just needed to get that out of my system! :,)

10. What do you think is so special about Studio Ghibli films that makes them different to other anime films?
I think...in my opinion, Studio Ghibli films have a certain charm that you don't see in every other anime film. Also when watching Studio Ghibli films, I can almost feel all the hard work that went into making them and I'm not saying you can't with other anime films, but with Studio Ghibli films, all the hours spent hand drawing scenes, checking them, re-doing them, checking them again...all of that! It's SO clear in these films that so much care went into every scene, every character, every line!
Again with Studio Ghibli films, I'm always so moved by them. The emotion they always evoke in me is something I never feel from other anime films! I think it's just...the pure beauty of Studio Ghibli films, how magical they feel, the characters, themes, plots, characters and how they develop and grow, literally everything they are ;3; 
Plus, going into more personal matters, Studio Ghibli films made me the person I am today in so many different ways (I'm not exaggerating, honestly!) because I can't even remember the kind of person I was before these films came into my life, but from the moment they did, I can remember how I felt and how I've grown and changed as a person. I've never had an experience like that with other anime films. 
Studio Ghibli films are just so special to me and I love them so much I can't even describe it properly, it's weird, I know...but that's how it is :,3
I love them! Studio Ghibli is honestly the best thing in my life! <3

~ ~ ~

So that was my Studio Ghibli Tag :3
I hope you enjoyed it and, if you feel like it, you should do this tag too! ^v^ it's super fun, plus...it's a Studio Ghibli tag...how could you possibly NOT do this?! x,D

Thank you for reading and I'll blog again soon! :3

BYESIES~! n.n
                            xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment